Driving Safety Course
You are eligible to take a Driving Safety course if:
- You DO NOT hold a CDL license currently or at the time of violation
- You have liability insurance and a valid Texas driver's license
- You are not charged with speeding 25 miles or more over the posted limit
- You are NOT charged with a violation in a construction zone
- You are NOT charged with an offense of "failure to ID" at an accident, leaving the scene of an accident, fleeing, reckless driving, or passing a school bus
Request a Driving Safety Course in Person
To make a request in person:
- Appear at the court window Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm prior to the appearance date on your citation.
- Bring a copy of your liability insurance
- Show proof of your Texas driver's license
Violations NOT occurring in a School Zone - $114
Violations occurring in a School Zone - $139
Fees are required in full at the time of request AND MUST BE CASH, MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO CITY OF MIDLOTHIAN OR VISA OR MASTERCARD WITH PROPER ID. No extensions, no partial payments, no exceptions. FEES CANNOT BE PAID BY PHONE OR INTERNET.
Request a Driving Safety Course by Mail
To make a request by mail:
- Provide the court with a copy of a valid Texas driver's license
- Provide the court with a copy of proof of liability insurance policy or card. MUST be current.
- Provide written notice of intent to take DSC
- Enclose a money order for required fees:
Violations NOT occurring in a School Zone - $114.
Violations occurring in a School Zone - $139.
- Mail the above documents to:
Midlothian Municipal Court
1150 N. Hwy 67 Ste. 200
Midlothian, TX 76065
Keep copies for your records.
Fees cannot be paid by Internet.
Late or incomplete requests will be rejected.