Solid Waste (Trash)
The primary mission of the Solid Waste (Trash) Division is to ensure all
As of August 1, 2016 the City will be working with Waste Connections, Inc. for solid waste pick-up service. For any questions or concerns regarding your service, please contact Waste Connections, Inc. at (972) 937-8836 or by email at Midlothian@WasteConnections.com.
Current Solid Waste Collection Ordinance (amended by Ordinance 2016-07)
Trash Collection Service Area Map
TCEQ tips for safe disposal of needles/syringes
Trash Removal - It's In The Bag!
- Your trash must be at the curb by 7:00 am on designated pick-up days. Trucks will run from 7am-6pm each pick-up day and your trash may be picked-up at anytime during this period.
- All items with the exception of branches, tree trimmings, leaves and brush must be placed in a sealed plastic bag capable of containing garbage, trash or solid waste without leaking or emitting odors with a total weight not to exceed 35 pounds. Remember, "It's in the bag."
- Plastic bags may be placed in a container with a total weight not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard waste, tree trimmings and branches must be 3 feet or less in length, bundled/ tied and not more than 6 inches in diameter and weigh less than 35 pounds
- If able, please break down cardboard boxes and stack them at the curb. They will take less space in the truck and are less likely to blow away.
Bulk Item Pick-up
Waste Connections, Inc. will pick up one bulk item per week on the second service day of the week. Bulk items include but are not limited to bundled limbs, appliances (dishwashers, stoves, washers & dryers, hot water heaters, etc.), furniture (couches, chairs, mattresses, desks, etc. - provided they can be handled by two workers), fence panels (one panel per week), electronics (televisions, computer monitors, etc. - limited depending on the lead/phosphorus content - please call before placing at the curb), and appliances with Freon (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners - must have the Freon removed and tagged by certified contractor stating the Freon was properly captured).
Waste Connections, Inc. will pick up on your scheduled day unless your scheduled day falls on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day. On those 3 days of the year your trash/recycle will be picked up on your next scheduled pick-up day. All other holidays, you will have trash/recycle pick up.
Outdoor Burning in Texas
Burning Household Trash
Outdoor Burning in Texas